Maker2u is the UK’s New Online Farmers Market.
A unique marketplace that allows makers of artisan grocery products to sell directly to UK consumers and hospitality businesses around the UK. Its free to use and there are no middlemen, so it puts 95% of the sale price back into the hands of the hard working entrepreneurs who are building businesses around the UK.
In a world where the large companies that process the UK’s primary products are actively looking to deploy robotics to create human free processing plants; Maker2u seeks to mobilise consumer preference to reverse that trend back to small businesses where human inputs are still valued. To provide consumers with the option to buy directly from thousands of small makers where human labour and creativity are the primary input.
Maker2u is being developed every day by a passionate team to be a launchpad for new and existing grocery businesses to grow and succeed within the UK and become the success stories in our future.
Every big business starts small. Currently the UK’s supermarket retail system is designed to exploit not nurture small businesses. It is designed to sell low cost imported goods at huge markup and drive down the margins achieved by UK producers. So Maker2u is working to bridge that big gap in the economic system.
We know that it’s the small businesses in the UK that create better communities, that will give our children jobs which are worthwhile and valuable, that will help the people of the UK gain access to higher quality, ethically sourced and locally made foods.
Maker2u invites you on a journey with us to employ all of the latest technologies in home delivery to bridge the gap between the UK’s small makers and its shoppers. To create a future where thousands more people in the UK can build businesses that express their creativity and passions.
How Maker2u Works For Sellers:
- Maker2u is an online marketplace for small businesses who make and produce their own food, drinks, health and beauty, garden, pets and other products in the UK.
- It is Free for small UK producers to create a store on Maker2u.
- Makers upload their products and shipping requirements into their store.
- Orders from your Maker2u store are emailed to you and you fulfil them directly from your premises.
- The marketplace charges 5% commission on sales for the product and for the shipping (excluding credit card fees)
- We suggest that makers list ‘products’ in their store that are packs/bundles/multiples, not single items, for shipping efficiencies. Do not list single items for sale. (i.e, 1 bar of soap). Offer good value on volume purchasing.
- We pay you 95% (excluding credit card fees) of the sale price (which includes any shipping fees charged to the customer) within 3 working days after your order is ‘completed’.
- You can close your store whenever you like, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can ‘pause’ your store to customers whenever you like for holidays using the ‘vacation’ mode.
- Your store has stock control which helps you manage the volume of orders you will receive.
- There is a wholesale feature which allows you to enter a wholesale price and a minimum wholesale volume for cafe’s, bars, restaurants, hotels, etc.. to buy from you through Maker2u.
- We collaborate very closely with our makers and are happy to add any new product ‘categories’ you need and develop any new features that makers suggest.
Please click below to view our Guidelines on ‘How to create a Store’ https://maker2u.co.uk/how-maker2u-works/how-to-create-a-store/
How Maker2u Works for Buyers:
- Maker2u is an online marketplaces where you can browse and buy direct from hundreds of artisan grocery producers from around the UK.
- By shopping on Maker2u you are supporting small businesses all around the UK that create high value jobs and stronger communities. It’s a great way to support the businesses that have been struggling during Covid.
- On Maker2u you purchase products directly from the maker, with no middlemen. 95% (excluding credit card fees) of the sale price goes straight back to the small UK business.
- Maker2u is a great place to buy healthy, organic and sustainable products online direct from the makers all around the UK.
- You place your orders through each individual makers store. You are charged a separate shipping fee for the goods coming from each maker.
- The maker then packages up your order and fulfils it to you via a courier firm.
- There is a feedback section within each store and for each product in the marketplace. All feedback, negative or positive, is helpful for the maker and other shoppers.
- Maker2u is committed to building stronger communities and we are doing everything we can to help Maker2u be a platform that supports small UK businesses.